Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blue Skies

Flash back over 8 years ago, one rainy day on the streets of Sydney I saw it, a flash of blue from the corner of my eye, I had to double take as it was a terribly dreary day. This great big black umbrella with a gorgeous blue sky and cotton wool clouds on the inside. I fell in love at first sight. Flash forward a few years on a trip to NYC, I popped into the MOMA and finally got my very own. I am a little precious with it, but it is special, it has travelled the world with me and sheltered me from many a rainy day, especially in London.


There is something uplifting about opening a big black umbrella on a grey, rainy day, only to look up at blue skies and fluffy white clouds. Love it!

Designed by EFM for the Museum with the cloud design by Mr.Kalman. 

Want one, go to the MOMA store!

No comments:

Post a Comment